From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Salem Krimmer Mennonite Brethren Church, now extinct, located near Jansen, Nebraska, was organized 1 January 1881, at which time two ministers, Peter Thiessen and Peter Fast, were elected from the group under the direction of Elder Jacob A. Wiebe. By this time 34 persons had been converted and baptized as a result of a revival. Homes and a school-house served as meeting places until 1885, when a frame meetinghouse was built. It was replaced in 1905 by a brick building, which was moved to Hillsboro, Kansas in 1947 as an addition to the Old People's Home. In 1912 there was a membership of 68. The congregation was dissolved in 1930.


Author(s) C. F Plett
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Plett, C. F. "Salem Krimmer Mennonite Brethren Church (Jansen, Nebraska, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 20 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Salem_Krimmer_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Jansen,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=77341.

APA style

Plett, C. F. (1959). Salem Krimmer Mennonite Brethren Church (Jansen, Nebraska, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Salem_Krimmer_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Jansen,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=77341.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 404. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.