From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:57, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Salem Krimmer Mennonite Brethren Church, located 10 miles southwest of Bridgewater, Hutchinson County, South Dakota, was organized on 25 November 1886, with a membership of 16. In 1900 a frame church was built as the first meetinghouse. Under this a full basement was built in 1917, and in 1944 the building was remodeled and enlarged. The leaders who have served the congregation are Henry A. Goosen 1889-99, Dietrich Goosen 1899-1910, Jacob J. Hofer 1910-19, and David M. Tschetter 1919-    . In 1956 the membership was 237, with J. J. Kleinsasser serving as leader.


Author(s) David W Tschetter
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Tschetter, David W. "Salem Mennonite Brethren Church (Bridgewater, Hutchinson County, South Dakota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 26 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Salem_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Bridgewater,_Hutchinson_County,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=77340.

APA style

Tschetter, David W. (1959). Salem Mennonite Brethren Church (Bridgewater, Hutchinson County, South Dakota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Salem_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Bridgewater,_Hutchinson_County,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=77340.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 404. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.