From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:14, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Salem Krimmer Mennonite Brethren Church, located 10 miles southwest of Bridgewater, Hutchinson County, South Dakota, was organized on 25 November 1886, with a membership of 16. In 1900 a frame church was built as the first meetinghouse. Under this a full basement was built in 1917, and in 1944 the building was remodeled and enlarged. The leaders who have served the congregation are Henry A. Goosen 1889-99, Dietrich Goosen 1899-1910, Jacob J. Hofer 1910-19, and David M. Tschetter 1919-    . In 1956 the membership was 237, with J. J. Kleinsasser serving as leader.



Author(s) David W Tschetter
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Tschetter, David W. "Salem Mennonite Brethren Church (Bridgewater, Hutchinson County, South Dakota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 4 Dec 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Salem_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Bridgewater,_Hutchinson_County,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=60541.

APA style

Tschetter, David W. (1959). Salem Mennonite Brethren Church (Bridgewater, Hutchinson County, South Dakota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 4 December 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Salem_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Bridgewater,_Hutchinson_County,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=60541.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 404. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.