From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:31, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Ruchheim, a village (population in 1959,  1,451; 6,143 in 2008; coordinates: 49° 28′ 27″ N, 8° 19′ 46″ E) in the district of Ludwigshafen, Germany, was settled by Mennonites of the Eppstein congregation in 1732. The deacon for Ruchheim was Ludwig Gross. In 1766 it was united with Erpolzheim, Friedelsheim, and Spitalhof; in 1787 united with Assenheim; in 1805 independent with Melchior Eberly and Johannes Wiesler as preachers, both ordained in 1775, and after 1790 as elders. In 1888 the Ruchheim congregation, together with Flomersheim, Hessheim, and Oggersheim, again belonged to the Eppstein congregation.

Bibliography

Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. Mennonitisches Lexikon, 4 vols. Frankfurt & Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe; Schneider, 1913-1967: v. III, 559.

Maps

Map:Ruchheim (Reinland-Pfalz)


Author(s) Ernst Crous
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Crous, Ernst. "Ruchheim (Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 18 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Ruchheim_(Rheinland-Pfalz,_Germany)&oldid=84756.

APA style

Crous, Ernst. (1959). Ruchheim (Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Ruchheim_(Rheinland-Pfalz,_Germany)&oldid=84756.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 375. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.