The Rouge Valley Mennonite Church in Markham, Ontario began services and formally organized in 1986. Steve Drudge is considered the founding leader of the merged congregation. The congregation originated through the merger of Cedar Grove Mennonite Church and Steeles Ave. Mennonite Church. The congregation used the building of the former Cedar Grove Mennonite Church, built in 1861 and renovated several times. A new building was erected in 1996.
In 1995 there were 99 members; in 2000, 109. The congregation has been affiliated with the Mennonite Church (1988-1999), Mennonite Church Eastern Canada (1988-) and the Conference of Mennonites in Canada / Mennonite Church Canada (1995-). The language of worship is English.
Pastoral leaders have included Steve Drudge (1986-July 2003), Nancy Brubaker Bauman (Interim, 2003/2004), and Pieter Niemeyer (2001-; lead minister, 2004- ).
Mennonite Reporter (29 July 1996): 15; (14 October 1996): 14.
Archival RecordsRecords at Mennonite Archives of Ontario.
 Additional Information
Address: 7452 Reesor Road, Markham, ON L6B 1A8; located 2 km south of Highway #7, and 1.5 km north of Steeles Avenue.
Website: Rouge Valley Mennonite Church
|Date Published||November 2011|
 Cite This Article
Epp, Marlene. "Rouge Valley Mennonite Church (Markham, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. November 2011. Web. 7 Jul 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Rouge_Valley_Mennonite_Church_(Markham,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=77302.
Epp, Marlene. (November 2011). Rouge Valley Mennonite Church (Markham, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 7 July 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Rouge_Valley_Mennonite_Church_(Markham,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=77302.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.