The Roseville Mennonite congregation near Roseville, ON was Swiss/South German in cultural identity. The language of worship was English; the transition from German occurred in the early 1900s.Pennsylvania. The congregation was also known as Detweiler Mennonite Church. Hallman church over where a building should be constructed. In the end two buildings went up, though the Hallman group dissolved about 1886.
In 1925 there were 15 members; in 1950, 20; in 1965, 19. The congregation dissolved in 1966. It was affiliated with the Mennonite Conference of Ontario and the Mennonite Church.
The church is located on Roseville Rd., 1 km west of Roseville.
Canadian Mennonite (4 January 1957): 4.
Mennonite Reporter (29 February 1988): 10; (22 January 1996): 13.
K-W Record, 6 Oct. 1987.
Burkholder, L. J. A Brief History of the Mennonites in Ontario. Kitchener, ON: Mennonite Conference of Ontario, 1935: 70-71.
Good, Reg. Detweiler's Meetinghouse: a History of Mennonites Near Roseville, Ontario. Roseville, ON : Detweiler Meetinghouse, Inc., 1999.
Church records at Mennonite Archives of Ontario
 Additional Information
Detweiler Meetinghouse website
|Author(s)||Joseph C. Fretz|
|Date Published||April 1986|
 Cite This Article
Fretz, Joseph C. and Marlene Epp. "Roseville Mennonite Church (Roseville, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 1986. Web. 1 Feb 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Roseville_Mennonite_Church_(Roseville,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=93418.
Fretz, Joseph C. and Marlene Epp. (April 1986). Roseville Mennonite Church (Roseville, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 1 February 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Roseville_Mennonite_Church_(Roseville,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=93418.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.