From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
Line 6: Line 6:
  
 
The congregation's address is Box 153, Rosenort, MB, R0G 1W0. (204) 746-8519. The church is located 3 km north of Rosenort on River Rd. Pastor George Toews served in 2002 as a congregational leader.
 
The congregation's address is Box 153, Rosenort, MB, R0G 1W0. (204) 746-8519. The church is located 3 km north of Rosenort on River Rd. Pastor George Toews served in 2002 as a congregational leader.
 
 
 
= Bibliography =
 
= Bibliography =
[http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~eidse/remchurch.html Website with history of congregation]
+
[http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~eidse/remchurch.html Website with history of congregation]
 
+
 
+
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, pp. 359-360|date=September 1986|a1_last=Reimer|a1_first=David P.|a2_last=Epp|a2_first=Marlene}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, pp. 359-360|date=September 1986|a1_last=Reimer|a1_first=David P.|a2_last=Epp|a2_first=Marlene}}

Latest revision as of 18:57, 20 August 2013

Rosenort (Rosenhof) Evangelical Mennonite Church (Kleine Gemeinde), located near Morris, Manitoba, between the two school districts, formerly villages, Rosenhof and Rosenort, west of the Red River, was founded in 1874 by Kleine Gemeinde immigrants from Russia. Church services were held in the village schools from 1874 until about 1920, when the meetinghouse was erected between the school districts. Jacob B. Kroeker served as bishop 1923-54, followed by P. L. Friesen. The ministers serving in 1957 were Jacob B. Kroeker, Franz B. Kroeker, Cornelius P. Dueck, P. J. B. Reimer, and Frank P. Kroeker; the baptized membership was 501, most of whom were rural people.

Prior to 1920 services were held in school houses. The first building was occupied in 1920, with a subsequent building program in 1949. This building was completely destroyed by fire in 1973 and rebuilt. In 1997 the church building was inundated with water in Southern Manitoba's "Flood of the Century." It was gutted and rebuilt the same year.

In 1965 there were 494 members; in 1975, 324; in 1985, 320; in 1995, 308; in 2000, 299. The congregation has been affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Conference. The language of worship is English; the transition from German began in the 1950s.

The congregation's address is Box 153, Rosenort, MB, R0G 1W0. (204) 746-8519. The church is located 3 km north of Rosenort on River Rd. Pastor George Toews served in 2002 as a congregational leader.

[edit] Bibliography

Website with history of congregation


Author(s) David P. Reimer
Marlene Epp
Date Published September 1986


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Reimer, David P. and Marlene Epp. "Rosenort Evangelical Mennonite Church (Rosenort, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. September 1986. Web. 20 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Rosenort_Evangelical_Mennonite_Church_(Rosenort,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=77289.

APA style

Reimer, David P. and Marlene Epp. (September 1986). Rosenort Evangelical Mennonite Church (Rosenort, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Rosenort_Evangelical_Mennonite_Church_(Rosenort,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=77289.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, pp. 359-360. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.