From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Roseland Mennonite Church in Roseland, Nebraska on 6 July 1948.
Source: Mennonite Community Photograph Collection, The Congregation (HM4-134 Box 1 photo 010.6-20).
Mennonite Church USA Archives, Goshen, Indiana
.

Roseland Mennonite Church, located near Roseland, Nebraska, a member of the Iowa-Nebraska Conference, was organized on 20 March 1880, with 26 members, with Albrecht Schiffler as bishop and Samuel W. Lapp as deacon. A meetinghouse was built about two years later, replaced in 1898 by a new one, at which time the membership numbered 160. Daniel Lapp was ordained bishop. Ministers who have served the congregation are John L. Reasoner, Jonas Nice, Andrew Good, John M. Nunemaker, Abraham Stauffer, Samuel G. Lapp, Noah Ebersole, J. Kore Zook, Edward Diener, and Alton Miller. Missionaries from this church sent to India were Mahlon C. Lapp, Jacob Burkhard, George Lapp, Esther Ebersole Lapp, and Velma Lapp Hostetler.

In 1957 the bishop was Peter R. Kennel, and the membership was 17.


Author(s) Sarah Schiffler Burkhard
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Burkhard, Sarah Schiffler. "Roseland Mennonite Church (Roseland, Nebraska, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 22 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Roseland_Mennonite_Church_(Roseland,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=116842.

APA style

Burkhard, Sarah Schiffler. (1959). Roseland Mennonite Church (Roseland, Nebraska, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Roseland_Mennonite_Church_(Roseland,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=116842.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 359. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.