From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:31, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Rohrhof, an estate in the district of Schwetzingen, Baden-Württemberg, Germany, about 8 miles east of Mannheim, was formerly the seat of a Mennonite congregation, usually called Rohrhof-Bruchhausen. A list of 1731 reports that the congregation consisted of 16 families and had Jost Eschbacher of Eppelheim (?) and Jakob Falman of Bruchhausen as preachers, and Christian Neukomm of Rohrhof as deacon. Jakob Fellmann and his son (?) Jakob Fellmann, the latter from 1765, were its elders in the 18th century. In 1822 the congregation numbered 57 members, 22 of whom lived at Rohrhof. After the immigration of most of the Rohrbach Mennonites to America in the 1830s, meetings were held only at Bruchhausen and by 1840 the congregation of Rohrhof had disappeared.

Bibliography

Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. Mennonitisches Lexikon, 4 vols. Frankfurt & Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe; Schneider, 1913-1967: v. III, 529.


Author(s) Gerhard Hein
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Hein, Gerhard. "Rohrhof (Schwetzingen, Baden-Württemberg, Germany)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 29 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Rohrhof_(Schwetzingen,_Baden-W%C3%BCrttemberg,_Germany)&oldid=84667.

APA style

Hein, Gerhard. (1959). Rohrhof (Schwetzingen, Baden-Württemberg, Germany). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Rohrhof_(Schwetzingen,_Baden-W%C3%BCrttemberg,_Germany)&oldid=84667.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 353. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.