From GAMEO
Revision as of 14:48, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Rock Mennonite Church (MC), located in Berks County ½ mile northwest of Elverson, Pennsylvania, was begun in 1920, when the few remaining members of the Rock Baptist Church asked the Conestoga Amish Mennonite (as merged into Mennonite Church) congregation to start Sunday school in this meetinghouse, built in 1845. In 1936 a congregation was organized by Bishop J. S. Mast, which is affiliated with the Ohio and Eastern Mennonite Conference. The meetinghouse was enlarged in 1937 and 1956. A number of former members are serving the church in other communities. The membership in 1957 was 66, with Ira A. Kurtz as bishop, and Christian J. Kurtz and Harry Hertzler as ministers.


Author(s) Christian J Kurtz
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Kurtz, Christian J. "Rock Mennonite Church (Elverson, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 21 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Rock_Mennonite_Church_(Elverson,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=96271.

APA style

Kurtz, Christian J. (1959). Rock Mennonite Church (Elverson, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Rock_Mennonite_Church_(Elverson,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=96271.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 347. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.