From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:30, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Riverstix Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church, now extinct, located at Riverstix, Medina County, Ohio, was organized in 1871 with 6 members; services were held in homes. Later the membership increased to 18 and services were held in schools, one of which was later purchased for a church building. Henry Leatherman, who was ordained in 1879, and Sam Leatherman were their first ministers. Later C. G. Buerge served as pastor for many years. The congregation dissolved by members moving away. It ceased to exist about 1943.


Author(s) P. G Hiebert
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Hiebert, P. G. "Riverstix Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church (Riverstix, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 24 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Riverstix_Church_of_God_in_Christ_Mennonite_Church_(Riverstix,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=84613.

APA style

Hiebert, P. G. (1959). Riverstix Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church (Riverstix, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Riverstix_Church_of_God_in_Christ_Mennonite_Church_(Riverstix,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=84613.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 345. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.