From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:30, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

River Corner Mennonite Church, located 2 miles south of Conestoga Center in southern Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Benedict Eshleman deeded one acre of land for a cemetery and meetinghouse upon which a meetinghouse was built about 1774. It was named Miller's after Martin Miller, who obtained the first deed in 1794. A stone building in 1828 replaced this, and another beautiful stone church of colonial design was built in 1882, which was enlarged in 1947. The congregation is a part of the Byerland-New Danville circuit. The membership in 1958 was 73 with David N. Thomas as bishop and Mylin Shenk minister. A large, old, well-kept cemetery adjoins the church.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "River Corner Mennonite Church (Conestoga Center, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 22 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=River_Corner_Mennonite_Church_(Conestoga_Center,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=84598.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1959). River Corner Mennonite Church (Conestoga Center, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=River_Corner_Mennonite_Church_(Conestoga_Center,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=84598.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 345. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.