From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[checked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130820)
m
Line 7: Line 7:
 
Miller, Ivan J. <em>History of the Conservative Mennonite Conference, 1910-1985</em>. Grantsville, Md.: Ivan J. &amp; Della Miller, 1985: 86-88.
 
Miller, Ivan J. <em>History of the Conservative Mennonite Conference, 1910-1985</em>. Grantsville, Md.: Ivan J. &amp; Della Miller, 1985: 86-88.
 
= Additional Information =
 
= Additional Information =
Address: 19359 SR-71, Blountstown, Florida
+
'''Address''': 19359 SR-71, Blountstown, Florida
  
Phone: 850-674-5747
+
'''Phone''': 850-674-5747
 
+
Website: [http://www.rivertownchurch.info/ RiverTown Community Church]
+
  
 +
'''Website''': [http://www.rivertownchurch.info/ RiverTown Community Church]
 
= Maps =
 
= Maps =
 
[[Map:RiverTown Community Church (Blountstown, Florida)|Map:RiverTown Community Church (Blountstown, Florida)]]
 
[[Map:RiverTown Community Church (Blountstown, Florida)|Map:RiverTown Community Church (Blountstown, Florida)]]
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=August 2009|a1_last=Steiner|a1_first=Sam|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=August 2009|a1_last=Steiner|a1_first=Sam|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 +
[[Category:Church]]

Revision as of 09:07, 22 November 2013

The RiverTown Community Church, Blountstown, Florida, began as the Bethel Conservative Mennonite Church. The first Mennonites to settle in the Blountstown, Florida area came from Greenwood, Delaware and Hartville, Ohio in the fall of 1952. This was the result of a visit to the area by the Colonization Committee of the Conservative Mennonite Mission Board; thus Bethel was a church plant through colonization.

The congregation organized as a mission church on 11 April 1954, with Raymond Byler as the minister. Bethel built a meetinghouse in 1957 that was dedicated on 15 September. Bethel Conservative Mennonite Church, Blountstown, Florida, was first listed in the Mennonite Yearbook of 1955 as the Red Oak congregation, with 33 members. In 1958 the Yearbook listed it as Bethel. Raymond Byler served until 1973 when he moved to Jackson, Mississippi to take charge of a mission there. Other pastors who served here included Harold Weldy (1970-1980), Oscar Schrock (1972-after 1983); Ivan Nissley (1976- ). In 1983 the congregation had 83 members. Paul Smith was the lead minister in 2009.

The congregation was originally a member of the Conservative Mennonite Conference; it is now an independent community church.

Contents

Bibliography

Miller, Ivan J. History of the Conservative Mennonite Conference, 1910-1985. Grantsville, Md.: Ivan J. & Della Miller, 1985: 86-88.

Additional Information

Address: 19359 SR-71, Blountstown, Florida

Phone: 850-674-5747

Website: RiverTown Community Church

Maps

Map:RiverTown Community Church (Blountstown, Florida)


Author(s) Sam Steiner
Date Published August 2009


Cite This Article

MLA style

Steiner, Sam. "RiverTown Community Church (Blountstown, Florida, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. August 2009. Web. 22 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=RiverTown_Community_Church_(Blountstown,_Florida,_USA)&oldid=103883.

APA style

Steiner, Sam. (August 2009). RiverTown Community Church (Blountstown, Florida, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=RiverTown_Community_Church_(Blountstown,_Florida,_USA)&oldid=103883.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.