From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Ridgewood Church, Steinbach, Manitoba Source: EMC Website
The Ridgewood Church in Steinbach, Manitoba began services and formally organized in 1958. The first building was occupied in 1958. Peter P. Friesen is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through church planting by Blumenort Evangelical Mennonite Church due to size.

The language of worship is English; the transition from German occurred in the 1950s.

[edit] Bibliography

Loewen, Royden. Blumenort: a Mennonite Community in Transition 1874-1982. Blumenort: Blumenort Mennonite Historical Society, 1983.

Archival Records

Church records at the church.

[edit] Additional Information

Mailing Address: Box 18, Grp. 3, RR1, Steinbach, MB

Meeting Location: 2 miles north of Steinbach Clearspring Mall, 3 miles east on Hwy 311.

Phone: 204-326-2957

Website: Ridgewood Church

Denominational Affiliation: Evangelical Mennonite Conference

Ridgewood Church Membership

Year Members
1965 164
1975 205
1985 285
1995 341
2000 351


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published March 2012


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Ridgewood Church (Steinbach, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. March 2012. Web. 30 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Ridgewood_Church_(Steinbach,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=93403.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (March 2012). Ridgewood Church (Steinbach, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Ridgewood_Church_(Steinbach,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=93403.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.