From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

First Mennonite Church of Richmond, Richmond, Virginia, 2012.
Photo by Elwood Yoder; used with permission.
Source: Mennonite Archives of Virginia
.

Richmond Mennonite Church (MC), formerly National Heights, Richmond, Virginia, organized in 1951, located in the eastern part of the state capital, is the outgrowth of a survey made by Eastern Mennonite College students. Two Bible schools and two series of tent meetings were conducted in 1948, followed by services held in private homes, then in a rented building. The Virginia Board of Missions and Charities built a brick church in 1955. In 1958 the membership was 36, with Ralph Ziegler as pastor.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: 601 E Parham Road, Richmond, VA 23227-1163

Phone: 804-264-3200

Website: First Mennonite Church of Richmond

Denominational Affiliation:

Virginia Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA


Author(s) Harry A Brunk
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Brunk, Harry A. "First Mennonite Church of Richmond (Richmond, Virginia, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 10 Dec 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=First_Mennonite_Church_of_Richmond_(Richmond,_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=117426.

APA style

Brunk, Harry A. (1959). First Mennonite Church of Richmond (Richmond, Virginia, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 10 December 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=First_Mennonite_Church_of_Richmond_(Richmond,_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=117426.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1117. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.