From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:30, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Richfield Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite), located in Richfield, Juniata County, Pennsylvania, a member of the Eastern District Conference, began in 1883, when about 125 members, the larger part of the Cross Roads congregation, with three ministers, Solomon and Thomas Graybill and William Bergey, and deacon Abel Shirk, withdrew from the Lancaster County (Mennonite Church) Conference to form an independent congregation. A meetinghouse was built in 1886 and enlarged in 1914 and 1950. A Sunday school was organized in 1914. In 1928 the congregation joined the Eastern District Conference. The membership in 1958 was 270, with Walter J. Dick as pastor. Biweekly worship services were held until 1948, when weekly Sunday morning and evening services were begun.

Additional Information

Address: N Church Sreet, Richfield, PA 17086

Phone: 717-694-3490


Author(s) Walter J Dick
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Dick, Walter J. "Richfield Mennonite Church (Richfield, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 24 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Richfield_Mennonite_Church_(Richfield,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=84527.

APA style

Dick, Walter J. (1959). Richfield Mennonite Church (Richfield, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Richfield_Mennonite_Church_(Richfield,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=84527.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 325. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.