From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Renesse, a town on the island of Schouwen-Duiveland, Dutch province of Zeeland, was the seat of a (Flemish) Mennonite congregation in the early 17th century. The congregation, which bought a house in 1644, where "public Mennonite meetings" were held, and of which Jan Aelwyns was a preacher in 1646, occasionally received financial support from the Rotterdam congregation. It had only a very small membership and died out before 1660.

[edit] Bibliography

Doopsgezinde Bijdragen (1883): 110; (1907): 153, 168.


Author(s) Nanne van der Zijpp
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Zijpp, Nanne van der. "Renesse (Zeeland, Netherlands)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 27 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Renesse_(Zeeland,_Netherlands)&oldid=126745.

APA style

Zijpp, Nanne van der. (1959). Renesse (Zeeland, Netherlands). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Renesse_(Zeeland,_Netherlands)&oldid=126745.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 300. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.