From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Reist Mennonite Church was located 10 km east of Breslau, ON. This preaching appointment (every four Sundays) existed from the 1850s until the 1870s. It was affiliated with the Mennonite Conference of Ontario. The language of worship was German.

The congregation met "in or near" the home of Deacon Peter Reist who was ordained deacon for the Wanner congregation in 1873. Jacob Miller, a Mennonite minister from south of Niagara Falls, owned property in this area.


Author(s) Joseph C. Fretz
Marlene Epp
Date Published April 1986


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Fretz, Joseph C. and Marlene Epp. "Reist Mennonite Church (Breslau, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 1986. Web. 19 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Reist_Mennonite_Church_(Breslau,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=77189.

APA style

Fretz, Joseph C. and Marlene Epp. (April 1986). Reist Mennonite Church (Breslau, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Reist_Mennonite_Church_(Breslau,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=77189.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.