The Red Lake Mennonite congregation began services and formally organized in 1959. The first building was occupied in 1972. Irwin Schantz is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through outreach by Northern Light Gospel Mission. The church became independent in 1990 and joined the Conservative Mennonite Conference in 1995.
In 2011 the leading minister was Keith Graber.
Anabaptist (Mennonite) Directory 2011. Harrisonburg, VA: The Sword and Trumpet, 2011: 54.
Horst, Mary. A Brief History of Northern Light Gospel Mission. Northern Light Gospel Mission, 1977, 15 pp.
Mullet, Mary. "Northern Lights." Research paper, Ontario Mennonite Bible Institute, 1960, 44 pp. Mennonite Archives of Ontario.
 Additional Information
Address: 100 Hammel Road, Red Lake, ON P0V 2M0
Northern Light Gospel Mission (1959-1990)
Red Lake Mennonite Church Membership
|Richard D. Thiessen|
|Date Published||April 2012|
 Cite This Article
Epp, Marlene and Richard D. Thiessen. "Red Lake Mennonite Church (Red Lake, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 2012. Web. 8 Dec 2013. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Red_Lake_Mennonite_Church_(Red_Lake,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=77135.
Epp, Marlene and Richard D. Thiessen. (April 2012). Red Lake Mennonite Church (Red Lake, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 8 December 2013, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Red_Lake_Mennonite_Church_(Red_Lake,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=77135.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.