Revision as of 19:29, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Rawlinsville Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), a member of the Lancaster Conference, began in 1929 under the ministry of the Byerland-New Danville District when it leased the old Muddy Run Presbyterian meetinghouse which had been a Presbyterian center 1742-1916. In 1948 a new brick church was built by the District and the Mission Board. In 1958 David N. Thomas was bishop, and John Miller minister, assisted by Amos M. Hess; the membership numbered 61. A few Puerto Rican families (four of whom are members) are included in this community, served by the County Migrant Pastor.

Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1959

Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Rawlinsville Mennonite Church (Rawlinsville, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 23 Oct 2016.,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=84335.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1959). Rawlinsville Mennonite Church (Rawlinsville, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 October 2016, from,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=84335.

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 257. All rights reserved.

©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.