From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:56, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Rapid View Mennonite Brethren congregation began services in 1957. The first building was occupied in 1958. Arno Fast is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated when the church building of the Compass Mennonite Brethren was moved to Rapid View in 1957. The church became the Meadow Lake Mennonite Brethren congregation when it was moved to that town in 1961.

The church was located nine miles (14.5 km) south of Rapid View. It was affiliated with the Saskatchewan Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches. The language of worship was English.

See Northwest Community Church (Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan, Canada)

Bibliography

Canadian Mennonite (2 January 1959): 3.

Mennonite Brethren Herald (27 May 1988): 71.

Penner, Peter. No Longer at Arms Length: Mennonite Brethren Church Planting in Canada. Winnipeg: Kindred Press, 1987: 67-68.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published February 1989


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Rapid View Mennonite Brethren Mission (Rapid View, Saskatchewan, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 1989. Web. 27 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Rapid_View_Mennonite_Brethren_Mission_(Rapid_View,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=77124.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (February 1989). Rapid View Mennonite Brethren Mission (Rapid View, Saskatchewan, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Rapid_View_Mennonite_Brethren_Mission_(Rapid_View,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=77124.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.