Ramos Mejia, Argentina, located about 19 miles from the center of the Argentine capital, belongs to the Greater Buenos Aires, that is, the part of this great metropolis that lies outside the federal district. Pastor Albano Luayza with his family moved to this city in 1942 to open a Mennonite Church mission. The work was actually started on 3 May 1942. The first believers were baptized in August and the first communion service with 13 participating was celebrated in September of the same year. In December 1954 there was a membership of 52 in a well-organized church with Sunday school, young people's and women's organizations. The Mennonite Board of Missions contributed land on which the congregation built a church, dedicated in 1955. In December 1954 Pastor Agustin F. Darino became the leader of the congregation, Luayza having reached the age of retirement.
 Cite This Article
Litwiller, Nelson. "Ramos Mejia (Buenos Aires Province, Argentina)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 2 Aug 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Ramos_Mejia_(Buenos_Aires_Province,_Argentina)&oldid=84302.
Litwiller, Nelson. (1959). Ramos Mejia (Buenos Aires Province, Argentina). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 2 August 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Ramos_Mejia_(Buenos_Aires_Province,_Argentina)&oldid=84302.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.