Rabbit Lake is a village about 100 miles (160 km.) northwest of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, with the Hoffnungsfeld Mennonite Church (MC) of 100 members (1957) a few miles outside the town. In 1926 the first settlers, who came to Canada from Russia in 1923 and the following years, settled here. In 1927, after clearing the land, the first crop was totally frozen. However, the newcomers did not give up. Soon two more stations to the east, Mullingar with a Mennonite Brethren church which has been razed and Mayfair with the Hebron Mennonite Church of 26 members (1957), were settled, and two stations to the west, Bornemouth, a member of the Hoffnungsfeld group of churches which has been razed and Glenbush with a Mennonite Brethren church of 144 members (1957). The churches in Mullingar and Bornemouth were razed when the boom of the Rabbit Lake country collapsed in the 1930s. In 1957 there were in the area roughly 250 each of the Mennonite Brethren and Conference of Mennonites in Canada groups.
|Author(s)||John G Rempel|
 Cite This Article
Rempel, John G. "Rabbit Lake (Saskatchewan, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 26 Jan 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Rabbit_Lake_(Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=84268.
Rempel, John G. (1959). Rabbit Lake (Saskatchewan, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 January 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Rabbit_Lake_(Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=84268.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.