From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:28, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Pulaski Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite Church), located 3 miles southwest of Pulaski, Davis County, Iowa, a member of the Middle District Conference, was organized in 1861. Christ Kropf and Christ Sharp from Indiana were the first preachers for the group, which was made up of Mennonite settlers from Canada, Ohio, Illinois, and Indiana. Meetings were held in homes and schools until the first church was erected in 1866. The second was dedicated in 1885, with ex­tensive remodeling in 1914. Among those who have served were two pastors, Philip Roulet from Ohio and W. W. Miller from Indiana, whose two terms totaled more than 60 years. The pastor in 1958 was Kenneth Shelly, from Pennsylvania, with a membership of 154, mostly rural.

Additional Information

Address: 202 West Street, PO Box 100, Pulaski, IA 52584

Telephone: 641-675-3845

Fax: 641-664-2443

Web site: http://www.pulaskimennonite.org/


Author(s) Victor E Swartzendruber
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Swartzendruber, Victor E. "Pulaski Mennonite Church (Pulaski, Iowa, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 28 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pulaski_Mennonite_Church_(Pulaski,_Iowa,_USA)&oldid=84234.

APA style

Swartzendruber, Victor E. (1959). Pulaski Mennonite Church (Pulaski, Iowa, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pulaski_Mennonite_Church_(Pulaski,_Iowa,_USA)&oldid=84234.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 231. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.