From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:28, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Providence Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), located south of Versailles, Missouri, in the hill country, was formerly called the Wilson Bend congregation. In 1930 the Wilson Bend meetinghouse had to be disposed of because of a dam built in the Osage River. In 1947 the present church was built, about five miles from the former location. Meanwhile the work was car­ried on in schools and abandoned churches. When the land was flooded, many members had to move away. The congregation was last listed in the Year­book and Directory in 1956; the minister was J. R. Shank. There were only seven members in 1954. Before the move across the creek to Wilson Bend the congregation was called Carver.


Author(s) J. R Shank
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Shank, J. R. "Providence Mennonite Church (Versailles, Missouri, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 27 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Providence_Mennonite_Church_(Versailles,_Missouri,_USA)&oldid=84217.

APA style

Shank, J. R. (1959). Providence Mennonite Church (Versailles, Missouri, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Providence_Mennonite_Church_(Versailles,_Missouri,_USA)&oldid=84217.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 223. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.