From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:56, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Prairie Rose Evangelical Mennonite congregation began services in 1920. The first building was occupied in 1920 with subsequent building programs in 1944 and 1963. H. R. Reimer is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through colonization from the Steinbach area in a search for more land.

In 1965 there were 297 members; in 1975, 315; in 1985, 355; in 1995, 356; in 2000, 411. The congregation has been affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Conference. The language of worship is English; the transition from German occurred in the 1940s-1950s.

The church building was completely destroyed by fire 27 June 1963.

Contents

Bibliography

Canadian Mennonite (28 June 1963): 3; (21 January 1964): 3.

The Messenger (13 May 1988): 4.

Archival Records

Church records at church and the Evangelical Mennonite Conference Archives.

Additional Information

Location: Highway 210, 1/2 km west of the corner of Highway 206 and Highway 210

Mailing Address: Box 130, Landmark, MB R0A 0X0

Telephone: 204-355-4511

Website: Prairie Rose Evangelical Mennonite Church


Author(s) David P. Reimer
Marlene Epp
Date Published February 1989


Cite This Article

MLA style

Reimer, David P. and Marlene Epp. "Prairie Rose Evangelical Mennonite Church (Landmark, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 1989. Web. 23 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Prairie_Rose_Evangelical_Mennonite_Church_(Landmark,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=77076.

APA style

Reimer, David P. and Marlene Epp. (February 1989). Prairie Rose Evangelical Mennonite Church (Landmark, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Prairie_Rose_Evangelical_Mennonite_Church_(Landmark,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=77076.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.