Revision as of 19:28, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search

Pottstown Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), located in Pottstown, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, a member of the Franconia Mennonite Conference, began as a mission station under the Franconia Conference Mission Board on 23 November 1930, with Elmer G. Kolb as superintendent, who was ordained as pastor 7 June 1938. A new church building with a seating capacity of 180 was dedicated 4 May 1952. On 6 March 1954, the congregation was organized with a membership of 60, mostly rural. Norman H. Bechtel (ordained 1953) also served as minister at that time.

Author(s) Elmer G Kolb
Date Published 1959

Cite This Article

MLA style

Kolb, Elmer G. "Pottstown Mennonite Church (Pottstown, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 13 Oct 2015.,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=84145.

APA style

Kolb, Elmer G. (1959). Pottstown Mennonite Church (Pottstown, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 13 October 2015, from,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=84145.

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 207. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.

©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.