Portland Mennonite Church (formerly called Mennonite Gospel Mission and later Mennonite Mission Church), located at 2235 Northwest Savier Street, Portland, Oregon, was opened by the Pacific Coast District (Mennonite Church) Conference on 12 November 1922, and organized as a church 27 July 1924, with 23 members. In 1955 it became an independent congregation. During its first 25 years the following served as superintendents: Allan Good, Henry Yoder, Paul Roth, Glen Whitaker, Marcus Lind, Paul Yoder, and Claud M. Hostetler. In 1947 there were 58 members; in 1958 there were 93. The erection of the church building in 1927 was a church-wide project. A city-wide evangelistic campaign in 1939 conducted by C. F. Derstine of Kitchener, Ontario, helped to present the church and her doctrine to the public.
 Additional Information
Church website: http://www.portlandmennonite.org/
Address: 1312 SE 35th Ave., Portland OR 97214; Telephone:503-234-0559; Fax:503-235-5548.
 Cite This Article
Miller, Myrtle. "Portland Mennonite Church (Portland, Oregon, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 4 Mar 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Portland_Mennonite_Church_(Portland,_Oregon,_USA)&oldid=84128.
Miller, Myrtle. (1959). Portland Mennonite Church (Portland, Oregon, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 4 March 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Portland_Mennonite_Church_(Portland,_Oregon,_USA)&oldid=84128.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.