From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:56, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Poplar Hill Mennonite congregation at Red Lake, ON began services and formally organized in 1953. The first building was occupied in 1965. The congregation originated through outreach by Northern Light Gospel Mission.

In 1965 there were 6 members; in 1975, 2; in 1985, 7; in 1995, 5. The congregation was affiliated with the Christian Anishanabec Fellowship (formerly known as Northern Light Gospel Mission and Native Mennonite Conference) since 1953. The languages of worship were Ojibway and English. The congregation no longer existed by 2002.

Bibliography

Horst, Mary. A Brief History of Northern Light Gospel Mission. Northern Light Gospel Mission, 1977, 15 pp.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published April 1986


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Poplar Hill Mennonite Church (Red Lake, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 1986. Web. 30 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Poplar_Hill_Mennonite_Church_(Red_Lake,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=77060.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (April 1986). Poplar Hill Mennonite Church (Red Lake, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Poplar_Hill_Mennonite_Church_(Red_Lake,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=77060.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.