From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Poplar Grove Mennonite Mission Church (Mennonite Church [MC]) was begun in May 1908 by the Missions Committee of the Weaverland (MC) congregation to serve eighteen members of the congregation with twenty-seven children, who were living on rented farms in Ches­ter County, Pennsylvania. The services were held in a schoolhouse on the farm of A. S. Wenger. By 1911 it was a prosperous and self-supporting work, but in 1912 the work was abandoned and by 1914 all the fami­lies had moved nearer to Lancaster County church­es, to be replaced by Old Order Amish families.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Poplar Grove Mennonite Mission Church (Chester County, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 31 Jul 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Poplar_Grove_Mennonite_Mission_Church_(Chester_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=84115.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1959). Poplar Grove Mennonite Mission Church (Chester County, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 31 July 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Poplar_Grove_Mennonite_Mission_Church_(Chester_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=84115.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 203. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.