From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:45, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Pond Bank Mennonite Church (Conservative Mennonite Conference), located 10 miles southeast of Chambersburg, Franklin County, Pennsylvania, began as a rural mission 3 April 1910, and was organized as a congregation in July 1942, when Andrew Lehman was ordained deacon. William W. Hege, a minister from Marion, was largely responsible for the beginning of the work. In 1921 Hege was succeeded by Harvey E. Shank, who was ordained bishop in 1946. The latter's son Luke J. Shank was ordained to the ministry 29 December 1946. They were still serving in 1957; the membership was 57.  In the late 1950s the congregation was a member of the Washington County, Maryland, and Franklin County, Pennsylvania Mennonite Conference, but later joined the Conservative Mennonite Conference.


Additional Information

Address: 6555 Duffield Road, Chambersburg, PA 17201; Telephone: 717-352-9663.



Author(s) Harvey E Shank
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Shank, Harvey E. "Pond Bank Mennonite Church (Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 27 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pond_Bank_Mennonite_Church_(Chambersburg,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=67271.

APA style

Shank, Harvey E. (1959). Pond Bank Mennonite Church (Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pond_Bank_Mennonite_Church_(Chambersburg,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=67271.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 201. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.