From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:45, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Plum Creek Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), 2 miles east and 2½ north of Beemer, Cuming County, Nebraska, a member of the Iowa-Nebraska Mennonite Conference, was organized in 1895 with 14 charter members, with Jacob D. Birky the first resident minister, ordained here in 1895. The first meetinghouse was built in 1907 on the present site, and has been twice en­larged. The membership in 1956 was 142, with Samuel Oswald as bishop and P. O. Oswald min­ister.



Author(s) Samuel Oswald
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Oswald, Samuel. "Plum Creek Mennonite Church (Beemer, Nebraska, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 23 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Plum_Creek_Mennonite_Church_(Beemer,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=67249.

APA style

Oswald, Samuel. (1959). Plum Creek Mennonite Church (Beemer, Nebraska, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Plum_Creek_Mennonite_Church_(Beemer,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=67249.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 197. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.