From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:27, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Pleasant Valley Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), some­times known as Sandtown, located 8 miles south of Iowa City, Iowa, and 2½ miles southeast of Hills, was organized as a congregation 23 July 1956. In 1948 the East Union and Lower Deer Creek congre­gations began a rural mission in the area, using an abandoned Methodist church, which is still used as a meetinghouse. The membership in 1958 was 20. Herman J. Smucker was pastor of the church.


Author(s) Herman J Smucker
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Smucker, Herman J. "Pleasant Valley Mennonite Church (Hills, Iowa, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 28 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pleasant_Valley_Mennonite_Church_(Hills,_Iowa,_USA)&oldid=84046.

APA style

Smucker, Herman J. (1959). Pleasant Valley Mennonite Church (Hills, Iowa, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pleasant_Valley_Mennonite_Church_(Hills,_Iowa,_USA)&oldid=84046.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, pp. 190-191. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.