From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Plauschwarren, a village in East Prussia, formerly German, now Russian, where Mennonites from West Prussia settled in the 18th century. They founded the Lithuanian congregation about 1758 (usually called Memel-Niederung, after 1918) near Tilsit, membership 233 in 1774, and 239 in 1788, and built a church at Plauschwarren in 1767. In 1831 this meetinghouse was abandoned and a new meetinghouse was built at Adlig-Pokraken, then the center of the congregation. The old meetinghouse of Plauschwarren was remodeled in 1884 and used again until 1897, when it was sold.

[edit] Bibliography

Wiebe, Herbert. Das Siedlungswerk der westpreussischen Mennoniten. Marburg a.d. Lahn, 1952: 44 f.


Author(s) Nanne van der Zijpp
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

van der Zijpp, Nanne. "Plauschwarren (Kaliningrad Oblast, Russia)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 6 Dec 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Plauschwarren_(Kaliningrad_Oblast,_Russia)&oldid=84028.

APA style

van der Zijpp, Nanne. (1959). Plauschwarren (Kaliningrad Oblast, Russia). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 6 December 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Plauschwarren_(Kaliningrad_Oblast,_Russia)&oldid=84028.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 189. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.