From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:27, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Plauschwarren, a village in East Prussia, formerly German, now Russian, where Mennonites from West Prussia settled in the 18th century. They founded the Lithuanian congregation about 1758 (usually called Memel-Niederung, after 1918) near Tilsit, membership 233 in 1774, and 239 in 1788, and built a church at Plauschwarren in 1767. In 1831 this meetinghouse was abandoned and a new meetinghouse was built at Adlig-Pokraken, then the center of the congregation. The old meetinghouse of Plauschwarren was remodeled in 1884 and used again until 1897, when it was sold.

Bibliography

Wiebe, Herbert. Das Siedlungswerk der westpreussischen Mennoniten. Marburg a.d. Lahn, 1952: 44 f.


Author(s) Nanne van der Zijpp
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

van der Zijpp, Nanne. "Plauschwarren (Kaliningrad Oblast, Russia)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 25 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Plauschwarren_(Kaliningrad_Oblast,_Russia)&oldid=84028.

APA style

van der Zijpp, Nanne. (1959). Plauschwarren (Kaliningrad Oblast, Russia). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Plauschwarren_(Kaliningrad_Oblast,_Russia)&oldid=84028.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 189. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.