Plainview Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church (Chickasha, Oklahoma, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Plainview Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church is located 6 miles west of Chickasha, Grady County, Oklahoma. The first members, among whom was J. B. P. Schmidt, came here from Pauls Valley in 1902. The church building, erected in 1920 and en­larged in 1952, has a seating capacity of 250. The first pastor was Sam A. Nichols. Ministers ordained here include Andrew Nightingale, P. W. Decker, Edward Unruh, and Eben Nightingale. In 1958 Abe D. Koehn was pastor and the membership was 147.

Additional Information

Address:  218 N. 3rd St, Chickasha, OK 73018; Phone: 405-224-3879.


Author(s) Edward Unruh
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Unruh, Edward. "Plainview Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church (Chickasha, Oklahoma, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 25 Nov 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Plainview_Church_of_God_in_Christ_Mennonite_Church_(Chickasha,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=84001.

APA style

Unruh, Edward. (1959). Plainview Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church (Chickasha, Oklahoma, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 November 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Plainview_Church_of_God_in_Christ_Mennonite_Church_(Chickasha,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=84001.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 184. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.