From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
Pine Grove Mennonite Church, Bowmansville, PA Source: AMEC website
Pine Grove Mennonite Church (Alliance of Mennonite Evangelical Congregations, formerly General Conference Mennonite Church), located at Bowmansville, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, had its begin­ning in 1848, when certain members were excommunicated from the Mennonite Church congregations for bringing suit in protest against the state's taking over the schools. In 1852 they organized a congregation, and in 1854 dedicated a new meetinghouse. A tablet originally facing the highway, bearing the legend, "Pine Grove Fersamling House 1854," is now in the church. Ministers who have served are William Shelly 1856-58, Solomon Ott 1859-1913, Raymond Stubbs 1929-1948, Leroy Albright 1950-1953, and John Wesley Muffley 1953-1955. In 1957 the membership was 42, with Howard T. Landes as pastor.

In 2002 the congregation became one of the charter members of the Alliance of Mennonite Evangelical Congregations (AMEC).

[edit] Additional Information

Address: 1194 Reading Road, P.O. Box 573, Bowmansville, PA 17507

Telephone: 717-445-5136

Website: Pine Grove Mennonite Church

Denominational Affiliation:

Alliance of Mennonite Evangelical Congregations

[edit] Maps

Map:Pine Grove Mennonite Church (Bowmansville, Pennsylvania)


Author(s) John Wesley Muffley
Date Published August 2010


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Muffley, John Wesley. "Pine Grove Mennonite Church (Bowmansville, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. August 2010. Web. 29 Jun 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pine_Grove_Mennonite_Church_(Bowmansville,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=96053.

APA style

Muffley, John Wesley. (August 2010). Pine Grove Mennonite Church (Bowmansville, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 June 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pine_Grove_Mennonite_Church_(Bowmansville,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=96053.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 181. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.