From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:26, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Pettisville Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church, located north of Pettisville, Fulton County, Ohio, was organized in 1863. The present building with a seating capacity of 150 was erected in 1909; until then the services had been conducted in the homes. M. Seiler, born in Switzerland, was the first minister, followed by Christian Gearig and Peter Eicher, both of whom were ordained in 1872. In the late 1950s the ministry was unsalaried. In 1957 the church had a membership of 24, with C. L. Gearig as minister.


Author(s) C. L Gearig
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Gearig, C. L. "Pettisville Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church (Pettisville, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 30 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pettisville_Church_of_God_in_Christ_Mennonite_Church_(Pettisville,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=83852.

APA style

Gearig, C. L. (1959). Pettisville Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church (Pettisville, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pettisville_Church_of_God_in_Christ_Mennonite_Church_(Pettisville,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=83852.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 156. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.