From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Pelee Island United Mennonite congregation began services in 1925. The congregation originated through immigration from the Soviet Union. It was part of the Waterloo-Kitchener United Mennonite membership until 1929, when it affiliated with Leamington United Mennonite.

The congregation discontinued when members moved off the island into town.

Minister Gerhard Thiessen served in 1950 as a non-salaried congregational leader. The congregation dissolved in 1950. It had been affiliated with the Conference of United Mennonite Churches of Ontario. The language of worship was German.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published January 1989


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Pelee Island United Mennonite Church (Pelee Island, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 1989. Web. 27 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pelee_Island_United_Mennonite_Church_(Pelee_Island,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=112785.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (January 1989). Pelee Island United Mennonite Church (Pelee Island, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pelee_Island_United_Mennonite_Church_(Pelee_Island,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=112785.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.