From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:55, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Pea Ridge Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), a member of the South Central Mennonite Conference, located 12 miles west of Palmyra in Marion County, started as an outpost of the Palmyra Mennonite congregation in 1903, was organized in 1905, when the meetinghouse was built. It burned down and was rebuilt in 1933. J. R. Shank was called to be the first pastor, assisted by Ira Buckwalter, ordained 1907. When Shank was called to Carver in 1908, J. W. Hess came to serve until 1919. In 1955 when Palmyra was dissolved, seven members joined Pea Ridge. In 1957 a new meetinghouse was erected. David A. Hathaway was the pastor, with 33 members.


Author(s) M. Lena Kreider
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Kreider, M. Lena. "Pea Ridge Mennonite Church (Palmyra, Marion County, Missouri, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 30 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pea_Ridge_Mennonite_Church_(Palmyra,_Marion_County,_Missouri,_USA)&oldid=76907.

APA style

Kreider, M. Lena. (1959). Pea Ridge Mennonite Church (Palmyra, Marion County, Missouri, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pea_Ridge_Mennonite_Church_(Palmyra,_Marion_County,_Missouri,_USA)&oldid=76907.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, pp. 129-130. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.