From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Pashnya Mennonite Brethren Church was established in the Slavgorod Mennonite settlement of Siberia, and served five villages: Ananyevka, Grigoryevka, Markovka, Ekaterinovka, and Zhelanovka. A meetinghouse was located in Ananyevka. The first leading minister, Gerhard Isaak, was succeeded by Johann Friesen. Other ministers were Heinrich Isaak, Wilhelm Fast, Peter Gäde, Jakob Peters, Jakob Gäde, and Jakob Penner. There were smaller meetinghouses in some of the villages. The state of the church in the late 1950s was unknown.

[edit] Bibliography

Fast, Gerhard. In den Steppen Sibiriens. Rosthern, 1957: 78.


Author(s) Cornelius Krahn
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Krahn, Cornelius. "Pashnya Mennonite Brethren Church (Slavgorod Mennonite Settlement, Siberia, Russia)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 30 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pashnya_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Slavgorod_Mennonite_Settlement,_Siberia,_Russia)&oldid=76854.

APA style

Krahn, Cornelius. (1959). Pashnya Mennonite Brethren Church (Slavgorod Mennonite Settlement, Siberia, Russia). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pashnya_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Slavgorod_Mennonite_Settlement,_Siberia,_Russia)&oldid=76854.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 121. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.