From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:55, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Pansy Chapel began services about 1951, and formally organized in 1966. The first building was occupied in 1960. Henry T. Braun is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through outreach by the Blumenort Evangelical Mennonite Church.

In 1975 there were 34 members; in 1985, 68; in 1995, 86; in 2000, 50. The congregation has been affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Conference since 1966. The language of worship is English.

The congregation's address is Box 20, Pansy, MB, R0A 1J0. (204) 434-6770. The church is located at SE 21-4-6E. Pastor Ben Unger served in 2000 as a congregational leader.

Bibliography

Loewen, Royden. Blumenort: a Mennonite Community in Transition 1874-1982. Blumenort: Blumenort Mennonite Historical Society, 1983.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published September 1986


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Pansy Chapel (Pansy, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. September 1986. Web. 30 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pansy_Chapel_(Pansy,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=76834.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (September 1986). Pansy Chapel (Pansy, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pansy_Chapel_(Pansy,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=76834.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.