From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Palmyra Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), (now extinct), located two miles east of Palmyra, Marion County, Missouri, USA), a member of the South Central Mennonite Conference, had its beginning in 1884, when Jacob Rohrer and family moved here, followed by the Isaac Rohrer, E. L. Buckwalter, and J. M. Hershey families. J. M. Kreider was ordained minister for the work in 1898, and moved here with his family, accompanied by the J. H. Hershey family, all of Lancaster County, PA. The meetinghouse was built in 1907. The membership in 1955 was 15, with Harry R. Buckwalter and Harold Kreider as ministers. In that year the congregation dissolved.


Author(s) Harry R Buckwalter
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Buckwalter, Harry R. "Palmyra Mennonite Church (Palmyra, Missouri, USA))." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 3 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Palmyra_Mennonite_Church_(Palmyra,_Missouri,_USA))&oldid=76816.

APA style

Buckwalter, Harry R. (1959). Palmyra Mennonite Church (Palmyra, Missouri, USA)). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 3 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Palmyra_Mennonite_Church_(Palmyra,_Missouri,_USA))&oldid=76816.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 113. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.