Palm Village Retirement Community (Reedley, California, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Palm Village Retirement Community (originally Home for the Aged of the Mennonite Brethren Pacific District Conference), located at Reedley, California, was established in 1942 after a committee had been working on the project since 1938. Mr. and Mrs. A. R. Jost were the house parents. A committee of five, elected by the Conference, supervised the institution. In 1948 a new and larger home was built. In 1952 there were 48 guests.

In 2008 Palm Village was a mission agency of Mennonite Brethren Homes, Inc., a not-for-profit facility, which welcomed seniors of all faiths. It offered options for independent living, assisted living, and skilled nursing care.

Additional Information

Address: 701 West Herbert Avenue, Reedley, California 93654

Phone: 559-638-6933

Website: Palm Village Retirement Community


Author(s) Cornelius Krahn
Sam Steiner
Date Published June 2008


Cite This Article

MLA style

Krahn, Cornelius and Sam Steiner. "Palm Village Retirement Community (Reedley, California, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. June 2008. Web. 23 Apr 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Palm_Village_Retirement_Community_(Reedley,_California,_USA)&oldid=83783.

APA style

Krahn, Cornelius and Sam Steiner. (June 2008). Palm Village Retirement Community (Reedley, California, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 April 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Palm_Village_Retirement_Community_(Reedley,_California,_USA)&oldid=83783.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 797. All rights reserved.


©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.