From GAMEO
Revision as of 14:15, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

The Otter Lake Conservative Mennonite congregation at Parry Sound, Ontario began services in 1966, and formally organized in 1973. The first building was occupied in 1972. The congregation originated through outreach by the Heidelberg and Calvary Conservative Mennonite churches.

In 1975 there were 20 members; in 1985, 21; in 1995, 37; in 2000, 35. The congregation has been affiliated with the Conservative Mennonite Church of Ontario (1973-1978), the Fellowship Churches (1978), then as an unaffiliated Mennonite Church. Since 1990 it has been a member of the Mid-West Mennonite Fellowship. The language of worship is English.

The congregation's address is R.R. 2, Parry Sound, ON, P2A 2W8. (705) 377-4960. The church is located on Rankin Lake Road near Folley Memorial Hall. Bishop Lorne J. Steckley served in 2001 as a congregational leader.

Bibliography

Cressman, Kenneth. "The Development of the Conservative Mennonite Church of Ontario," 1976, 70 pp., Mennonite Archives of Ontario.

Cressman, Kenneth. "A Descriptive Analysis of the Conservative Mennonite Schisms in Ontario, 1956-1979," 1979, 92 pp., Mennonite Archives of Ontario.


Author(s) Sam Steiner
Date Published May 1997


Cite This Article

MLA style

Steiner, Sam. "Otter Lake Conservative Mennonite Church (Parry Sound, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. May 1997. Web. 21 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Otter_Lake_Conservative_Mennonite_Church_(Parry_Sound,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=93220.

APA style

Steiner, Sam. (May 1997). Otter Lake Conservative Mennonite Church (Parry Sound, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Otter_Lake_Conservative_Mennonite_Church_(Parry_Sound,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=93220.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.