Ostrovo Kampe (Poland)

From GAMEO
Revision as of 15:49, 20 January 2014 by RichardThiessen (talk | contribs) (Text replace - "date=1959|a1_last=van der Zijpp|a1_first=Nanne" to "date=1959|a1_last=Zijpp|a1_first=Nanne van der")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Ostrovo Kampe, near the hamlet of Ehrental, situated on the east side of the Vistula in Poland, was settled by Mennonites, who were members of the Przechovka Old Flemish Mennonite congregation and had their own Mennonite school in the Ostrovo Kampe. Repeatedly struck by floods, most of them left this area about 1765, settling in the Netzebruch, while the remainder in 1821 moved to Russia and settled at Alexanderwohl.

Bibliography

Duerksen, J. A. "Przechowka and Alexanderwohl." Mennonite Life 10 (April 1955): 76, 78.


Author(s) Nanne van der Zijpp
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Zijpp, Nanne van der. "Ostrovo Kampe (Poland)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 18 Nov 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Ostrovo_Kampe_(Poland)&oldid=109176.

APA style

Zijpp, Nanne van der. (1959). Ostrovo Kampe (Poland). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 November 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Ostrovo_Kampe_(Poland)&oldid=109176.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 93. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.