Revision as of 18:54, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Osage County Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), now extinct, near Linn, Missouri, USA), was started when the Philips family, members of the Pea Ridge congregation in Marion County, Missouri, USA), moved into Osage County, where they were followed by the occasional pastoral visits of J. M. Kreider of Palmyra, Missouri, USA). Evangelistic effort in the community brought a few additions. Ezra Bowman, ordained in the Wilson Bend congregation near Carver, Missouri, USA), served at Linn until his health failed. Leroy Gingerich of Versailles, Missouri, USA) filled appointments for the last few years, and J. R. Shank was given bishop oversight after the death of J. M. Kreider, when only two families were left. These moved to Illinois and the work at Linn came to a close in 1947.

Author(s) John R Shank
Date Published 1959

Cite This Article

MLA style

Shank, John R. "Osage County Mennonite Church (Linn, Missouri, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 21 Oct 2016.,_Missouri,_USA)&oldid=76726.

APA style

Shank, John R. (1959). Osage County Mennonite Church (Linn, Missouri, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 October 2016, from,_Missouri,_USA)&oldid=76726.

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 89. All rights reserved.

©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.