From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:54, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Orloff, a Mennonite village of the Slavgorod Mennonite settlement in Siberia, established in 1908, became the administrative and cultural center of the settlement. In addition to the volost building, a post office and a hospital were erected. The latter was transferred to Halbstadt in 1928-1929 where a district hospital was erected. For a while Orloff was the center of the Slavgorod Mennonite Church. Orloff had a brick factory. A monument was erected in Orloff in 1912, to its benefactor Peter A. Stolypin.

Bibliography

Fast, Gerhard. In den Steppen Sibiriens. Rosthern, SK: J. Heese, [1957?]: 29 ff.


Author(s) Cornelius Krahn
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Krahn, Cornelius. "Orloff (Slavgorod Mennonite Settlement, Siberia, Russia)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 13 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Orloff_(Slavgorod_Mennonite_Settlement,_Siberia,_Russia)&oldid=76707.

APA style

Krahn, Cornelius. (1959). Orloff (Slavgorod Mennonite Settlement, Siberia, Russia). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 13 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Orloff_(Slavgorod_Mennonite_Settlement,_Siberia,_Russia)&oldid=76707.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 84. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.