From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Orland Mennonite Brethren Church, ca. 1947-1952.
Creator: Henry J. Wiens (1885-1975)
Digitized by Hiebert Library. Center for Mennonite Brethren Studies
.

Country Bible Church, formerly known as Orland Mennonite Brethren Church, located in the Capay District of Glen County, near Orland, California, a member of the Mennonite Brethren Pacific District, was begun in 1922 when a number of families moved to this area from the Dallas, Oregon community, and later that year other families came from Canada. Services were held in the home of John and Agatha Riffel and later in a schoolhouse. The same year the congregation was organized and a church building was started, which was completed in 1924 and was still in use in the 1950s after some remodeling.

The membership in 1957 was 111, with M. R. Schimnowski as pastor.

The church later changed its name to Country Bible Church.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: 5000 3rd Avenue, Orland CA 95963

Phone: 530-865-2836

Denominational Affiliations:

Pacific District Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches

US Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches

General Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches


Author(s) M. R Schimnowski
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Schimnowski, M. R. "Country Bible Church (Orland, California, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 1 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Country_Bible_Church_(Orland,_California,_USA)&oldid=115967.

APA style

Schimnowski, M. R. (1959). Country Bible Church (Orland, California, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 1 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Country_Bible_Church_(Orland,_California,_USA)&oldid=115967.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 83. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.