From GAMEO
Revision as of 14:15, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search
Olivet Mennonite Meetinghouse in 2004
Services began at the Olivet Mennonite meetinghouse near Wallenstein, ON in 1955, and formally organized in 1956. The first building was occupied in 1955. The congregation originated through division from the Peel and North Woolwich congregations due to increasing number of members and travel distance required.

Bishop Edward Bauman served in the 1980s as a non-salaried congregational leader. The bishop in 2002 was Ian M. Shantz. The congregation has been affiliated with the Old Order Mennonites since 1955. The language of worship is German.

The meetinghouse is located near Wallenstein, ON at 7557 4th Line, 1 1/2 km (3/4 mi) east of Peel Township Road 12.

Bibliography

Mennonite Reporter (3 April 1989): 14.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published April 1986


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Olivet Mennonite Meetinghouse (Wallenstein, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 1986. Web. 25 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Olivet_Mennonite_Meetinghouse_(Wallenstein,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=93186.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (April 1986). Olivet Mennonite Meetinghouse (Wallenstein, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Olivet_Mennonite_Meetinghouse_(Wallenstein,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=93186.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.